Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
AA Lyapunov and the emergence of computer science (informatik) in Russia
A. M. Fedotov, Ya. I. Fet
One of the first Soviet scientists who realized the future of science and cybernetic bravely defended her, became professor of the Department of Computational Mathematics, Moscow State University Alexei Lyapunov. Its significance in the history of Russian cybernetics unique. Suffice to say that in 1996 (posthumously), he was awarded the most prestigious award global computer community - Medal «Computer Pioneer» with the wording: "Creator of the operator method of programming, and the founder of the Soviet cybernetics programming. "In 2011, the scientific community will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the outstanding Russian scientist Alexei A. Lyapunov, which, according to contemporaries, the "father of the Soviet cybernetics and programming."
How to cite:
Fedotov A. M., Fet Ya. I. AA Lyapunov and the emergence of computer science (informatik) in Russia // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2008. - Volume 06, Issue No 3. - P. 3 - 14. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Uspensky V.A. A.A. Lyapunov // Alexei Lyapunov. Novosibirsk: Publishing House of SB RAS, "Geo", 2001.
2. Volterra V. The mathematical theory of the struggle for existence. M .: Nauka, 1976.
3. Vorontsov N.N. Environment and personality // Nature. 1987. № 5. C. 81-98.
4. Haase-Rapoport, M., On the formation of cybernetics in the USSR // Cybernetics: Past to future. Essays on the history of cybernetics. Control Theory. Automatics. Biocybernetics. M .: Science, 1989, pp 46-85.
5. Ershov A.P. Lyapunov and programming // Siberian Mathematical Journal. 1982. T. 23, № 6.
6. Kapitsa S.P. Reminiscences on cybernetics and its creator // History of Informatics in Russia. Scientists and their schools. M .: Nauka, 2003, pp 103-109.
7. Short Philosophical Dictionary: 4th ed., Ext. and App. M .: Gos. publ watered. lit., 1954. Pp 236-237.
8. Lyapunov A.A., On the construction of a mathematical model of balance relationships in the ecosystem of tropical ocean waters // Operation tropical pelagic communities ocean areas. M .: Science, 1971, pp 13-24.
9. Lyapunov A.A. Control systems on wildlife and the general understanding of life processes // Problems of Cybernetics. 1963. Vol. 10. S. 179-193.
10. Sobolev S.L., Kitov A.I., Lyapunov A.A. Main features of cybernetics // Problems of Philosophy. 1955. № 4. pp 136-148.
11. Fedotov A. M., Barakhnin V.B. Priceless heritage // Science in Siberia. 2006. № 41 (2576).
12. Schrader Yu. A. Lyapunov - leader of cybernetics as a scientific movement // Essays on the history of computer science in Russia. Novosibirsk: Siberian Branch of the RAS, 1989. P. 197-205.
13. Edwards PN Making History: New Directions in Computer Historiography // IEEE Annals of the History of Computing. No. 2001. 1.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 06, Issue No 3 (2008).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 06, Issue No 3 (2008).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2008
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
Sponsorship: This work was partially supported by RFBR (project № 06-07-89060, 06-07-89038, 07-07-00271, 08-07-00229), the presidential program "Leading Scientific Schools" (grant number NS-931.2008.9).
© 2006-2018, Novosibirsk State University.