Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Formal methods of development of the question-answering system on natural language
D. V. Derevyanko, D. E. Palchunov
The paper is devoted to the methods of development of question-answering systems. The special attention is given to the problems of development of question-answering systems having natural language (Russian) interface, which generate answers to the questions on the basis of information containing in the documents submitted in the Internet. The problem of integration of knowledge contained in different documents is closely connected with the problem of generation of new knowledge which is not explicitly presented in any text. Formal methods of automated extraction of knowledge from texts in Russian and generation of new knowledge, based on the use of the parameterized queries are described in the paper. On the base of these methods the first version of question-answering system has been developed.
analysis of natural language texts, parameterized query, atomic diagram of a model, knowledge generation, knowledge extraction, search engine, question-answering system
How to cite:
Derevyanko D. V., Palchunov D. E. Formal methods of development of the question-answering system on natural language // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2014. - Volume 12, Issue No 3. - P. 34-47. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Harabagiu S. M., Pasca M. A., Mariorano S. J. Experiments with Open-Domain Textual Question Answering. Natural Language Engineering Journal, 2003, vol. 9, iss. 3, p. 231–267.
2. Moldovan D., Harabagiu S., Pasca M., Mihalcea R., Girju R., Goodrum R., Rus V. The Structure and Performance of an Open-Domain. Question Answering System. ACL '00 Proc. of the 38th Annual Meeting on Association for Computational Linguistics, Association for Computational Linguistics Stroudsburg, 2000, p. 563–570.
3. Hirschman L., Gaizauskas R. Natural Language Question Answering. The View from Here. Natural Language Engineering, 2001, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 275–300.
4. Allam M. N., Haggag M. H. The Question Answering Systems: A Survey. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Information Sciences, 2012, vol. 2, no. 3, p. 211–221.
5. Dwivedi S. K., Singh V. Research and Reviews in Question Answering System. Procedia Technology, 2013, no. 10, p. 417–442.
6. Perera R., Nand P. Interaction History Based Answer Formulation for Question Answering. Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web, Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer, 2014, vol. 468, p. 1–12.
7. Chandrasekaran S., DiMascio C. Create a natural language question answering system with IBM Watson and Bluemix services. 2014. URL: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-watson-films-bluemix-app/cl-watson-films-bluemix-app-pdf.pdf/.
8. Palchunov D. E. Knowledge retrieval and elicitation: generation of new knowledge based on analysis of natural language texts. Filosofiya nauki, 2009, no. 4 (43), p. 70–90. (in Russ.)
9. Makhasoeva O. G., Palchunov D. E. Semi-automatic methods of a construction of the atomic diagrams from natural language texts. Vestnik of Novosibirsk State University, series: Information Technology, 2013, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 64–73. (in Russ.)
10. Sukhonogov A. M., Yablonsky C. A. Development of Russian WordNet. Electronic libraries: perspective methods and technologies, electronic collections. Proc. of the VI All-Russian scientific conference (RCDL'2004). Pushchino, 2004, p. 113–116. (in Russ.)
11. Pal’chunov D. E., Tselishchev V. V. The problem of knowledge retrieval in interaction between a man and a computer: ontologies and presuppositions. Filosofiya nauki, 2012, no. 4 (55), p. 20–35. (in Russ.)
12. Melchuk I. A. Experience of the theory of the linguistic models «Semantic <=> Text». Moscow, 1999. (in Russ.)
13. Melchuk I. A., Zholkovsky A. K. Sensible and combinatory dictionary of modern Russian. Vienna, 1984. (in Russ.)
14. Denisov P. N., Morkovkin V. V. (eds.) The dictionary of word compatibility of Russian. Moscow, 2002. (in Russ.)
15. Moldovan D., Harabagiu S., Pasca M., Mihalcea R., Goodrum R., Girju R., Rus V. Lasso: A Tool for Surfing the Answer Net. National Institute of Standards and Technology (U.S.), 1999, p. 1–9.
16. Antonova A. A. Syntax analyzer for the Russian and English languages. Information and analytical aspects in problems of management. Moscow, LKI, 2007, vol. 29, p. 329–337. (in Russ.)
17. Palchunov D. E., Stepanov P. A. The use of model-theoretic methods for extracting ontological knowledge in the domain of information security. Programnaya ingeneriya, 2013, no. 11, p. 8–16. (in Russ.)
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 12, Issue No 3 (2014).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 12, Issue No 3 (2014).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2014
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2018, Novosibirsk State University.