Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Situation Calculus as Development of Semiotic Approach to Constructing Intelligent Decision-Making Support System
Liudmila Vasilevna Massel, Vladimir Ruslanovitch Kuzmin
DOI: DOI 10.25205/1818-7900-2017-15-4-43-52
UDC code: 004.896, 519.682.6
The article considers a semiotic approach to constructing intelligent decision-making support systems developed by the authors. It discloses the main concepts of semiotic approach, situational management and semantic modelling. In addition, it describes the basic concepts and categories of situation calculus. It is proposed to apply the situation calculus for the further development of semiotic approach, and as the base for developing the Contingency Management Language (CML). The article also reports the structure of Situation Polygon, which is considered as the intelligent decision-making support system.
situation calculus, situational management, decision-making support, situation polygon
How to cite:
Massel L. V., Kuzmin V. R. Situation Calculus as Development of Semiotic Approach to Constructing Intelligent Decision-Making Support System // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2017. - Volume 15, Issue No 4. - P. 43-52. - DOI 10.25205/1818-7900-2017-15-4-43-52. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. 12th World Congress of Semiotics “New Semiotics: Between Tradition and Innovation”: abstracts. Bulgaria. Sofia. New Bulgarian University/Southeast European Center for Semiotic Studies. 2014. 218 p.
2. Pospelov D. A. Situational management. Theory and practice. Nauka, Moscow, 1986. 284 p.
3. Osipov G. S. “From situational management to applied semiotics”. News of artificial intelligence, 2002; № 6 (54), pp. 2–12.
4. Massel L. V., Massel A. G. “Situational management and semantic modelling in energetics.” // Proceedings of 4th international conference on Open Semantic Technologies for Intelligent Systems (OSTIS’2014), BGUIR, Minsk, Republic of Belarus, 2014, pp. 111–116
5. Massel L. V. “Problems of creating intelligent systems of semiotic type for strategic situational management in critical infrastructures”. Informational and mathematical technologies in science and management, 2016; № 1, pp. 7–27
6. Pospelov D. A., Pushkin V. N. “Thinking and machines”. Soviet radio, Moscow, 1972.
7. Pospelov D. A. “Situational management principles”. Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences – Techincal cybernetics, 1971; № 2, pp. 10–17.
8. Vasilev V. I. “Intelligent systems of information protection”. Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 2012.
9. Pyatkova N. I., Massel L. V., Massel A. G. Methods of situational management in researches of energy security // Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences – Eneregetics, 2016; № 4, pp. 156–163.
10. John McCarthy. “Situations, actions and causal laws. Technical Report Memo 2”. Stanford University Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Stanford, CA, 1963.
11. Brachman, R., Levesque, H. “Knowledge Representation and Reasoning”. The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Artificial Intelligence. Elsevier Science, 2004.
12. Stuart J. Russell, Peter Norvig “Artificial Intelligence A Modern Approach, 3rd edition”, 2010.
13. Devyatkov V. V. “Artificial intelligence systems: Textbook for high schools”. Bauman Moscow State Technical University publishing, Moscow, 2001.
14. Massel L. V., Massel A. G. “Situation polygon as intelligent system of semiotic type”. // Proceedings of 43th International Conference “Informational Technologies in Science, Education and Management” (IT + S&E`15), Moscow, Russia, 2015, pp. 246–255.
15. Massel L. V., Massel A. G. “The language for knowledge description and knowledge management in intelligent system of semiotic type” // Proceedings of 20th All-Russian Baikal Conference “Informational and Mathematical Technologies in Science and Management” (IMT’2015), Vol.3. ISEM SB RAS, Irkutsk, Russia, 2015, pp. 112–124.
16. Kuzmin V. R. Possibilities of usage of situation calculus for solving problems of situational management // System Research in Energy / Proceedings of young scientists of MESI SB RAS, № 47. Irkutsk: MESI SB RAS, 2017, pp. 112–116.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 15, Issue No 4 (2017).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 15, Issue No 4 (2017).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2017
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2018, Novosibirsk State University.