Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Algorithm for reconstruction of the initial surface disturbance at the tsunami epicenter
Aleksei Anatolyevich Romanenko, Pavel Viktorovich Tatarintcev
One of the challenges in tsunami waves modeling is connected to a lack of data on the form of the water surface disturbance at the epicenter of events. Existing methods for the determination of the initial shape does not allow one to obtain all the required parameters of the earthquake in real time and with sufficient accuracy. Substituted data are used to assess the form of the water surface, for example, data on the profile of the tsunami wave as it passes over the deep water level recorder. We propose another method to the problem of water disturbance reconstruction, namely the approximation of wave profile obtained by deep water level recorder with linear combination of synthetic (pre-calculated) marigrams. This method allows one to get more precise form of the initial disturbance and takes less time. Mathematical model was developed and software implementation was introduced. Testing has shown good correlation between real data and computed one.
brute force, orthogonalization, basic functions, dart, modeling, tsunami
How to cite:
Romanenko A. A., Tatarintcev P. V. Algorithm for reconstruction of the initial surface disturbance at the tsunami epicenter // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2013. - Volume 11, Issue No 1. - P. 113-123. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Romanov V. G., Moshkalev P. S. Odnomernaya obratnaya zadacha ob opredelenii istochni ka tcunami // Sib. zhurn. industr. matem. 2011. T. 14, № 3. S. 87–99.
2. Gica E., Spillane M., Titov V., Chamberlin C., Newman J. Development of the Forecast Propagation Database for Noaa’s Short-Term Inundation Forecast for Tsunamis (Sift) // NOAA Technical Memorandum OAR PMEL-139 / Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory. Seattle, WA,
3. Bezhaev A. Yu., Marchuk A. G., Titov V. V. Estimation of Initial Elevation in the Extended Tsunami Sources on the Base of Deep Water Wave Measurements. URL: http://www.ict.nsc.ru/ws/ hazards_2007/12510/Bezhaev_full_v2.pdf
4. Bugrov Ya. S., Nikolsky S. M. Vysshaya matematika: Uchebnik dlya vuzov: V 3 t. / Pod red. V. A. Sadovnichego. 6-e izd., stereotip. M.: Drofa, 2004.
5. Podvigin I. V. Gilbertovo prostranstvo v primerakh i zadachakh: Ucheb.-metod. poso biye / Novosib. gos. unt-t. Novosibirsk, 2012.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 11, Issue No 1 (2013).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 11, Issue No 1 (2013).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2013
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.