Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Semantic identification, configuration and entities types modeling for the data model engineering
Aleksandr Nikolayevich Rodionov
The configurator model for the entities type mapping into data model has been proposed. Such a model consists of the interdependent objects, each of which belongs to one of the next classes: Domain (D), Group (G), Pattern (P), Sample (S) or Instance (I). Each class is distinguished by the proper assignment and behavior which they demonstrate in a data model. The algorithm for the model instances synthesis has been designed. This algorithm uses the two-step generalization procedure for the deriving of G, S and I-structures and the additions to them in the form of the semantic domains and the optional P-objects which contain the preimages of the real entities.
semantic identification, DPSI-method, entity-relationship method, functional dependences, relation, normalization, structural redundancy, complex primary key redundancy, inherency, generalization, cardinality
How to cite:
Rodionov A. N. Semantic identification, configuration and entities types modeling for the data model engineering // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2014. - Volume 12, Issue No 1. - P. 64–78. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Langeveldt W.-D., Link S. Empirical evidence for usefulness of Armstrong relations in the acquisition of meaningful functional dependencies // Information Systems. 2010. Vol. 35, № 3. P. 352–374.
2. Beeri C., Down M., Fagin R., Statman R. On the structure of Armstrong relations for functional dependencies // Journal of the association for computing machinery. 1984. Vol. 31, № 1. P. 30–46.
3. Koehler H., Link S. Armstrong axioms and Boyce-Codd-Heath Normal Form under bag semantics // Information Processing Letters. 2012. Vol. 110. P. 717–724.
4. Chen P. P. Model «sushchnost – svyaz» – shag k edinomu predstavleniyu dannykh // SUBD. 1985. № 3.
5. Roland F. D. Osnovnyye kontceptcii baz dannykh. M.: Vilyams, 2002.
6. Tcikritzis D., Lokhovski F. Modeli dannykh. M.: Finansy i statistika, 1985.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 12, Issue No 1 (2014).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 12, Issue No 1 (2014).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2014
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2018, Novosibirsk State University.