Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Some aspects of embedded transactional queue discipline investigation for server DBMS
Aleksandr Nikolaevich Rodionov, Olga Vladimirovna Reshetnikova
UDC code: 004.051
A lot of factors effect productivity of client-server applications. Transactional queue management is one of them. Most widespread DBMS, as such MS SQL or ORACLE, forbid interfering into an order of transactional queue service. However there is a feasibility of order queue change. This article concentrates on decisions of some issues which establish a framework for subsequent interference into queue service. First of all it takes to unveil whether transactions really processed concurrency or not. Then for programmatically queue priority control it is proposed to use the interceptive queue which is configured by means of Service Broker.
transactional and interceptive queues, service priority, concurrency processing
How to cite:
Rodionov A. N., Reshetnikova O. V. Some aspects of embedded transactional queue discipline investigation for server DBMS // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2016. - Volume 14, Issue No 2. - P. 110-121. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Pang H., Carey M., Livny M. Multiclass query scheduling in real-time database systems. IEEE Transactions on knowledge and data engineering, 1995, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 533–551.
2. Mentis P. Katsaros, Angelis L., Kakarontzas G. Quantification of interacting runtime qualities in software architectures: Insights from transaction processing in client–server architectures. Information and Software Technology, 2010, vol. 52, no. 12, p. 1331–1345.
3. Wang H., XiaoY., Shu L. Scheduling Periodic Continuous Queries in Real-Time Data Broadcast Environments. IEEE Transactions on computer, 2012, vol. 61, no. 9, p. 1325–1340.
4. Shasha D., Bonnet P. Database Tuning. Principles, Experiments and Troubleshooting techniques Мoscow, КUDIC-ОBRAZ, 2004. (In Russ.)
5. Novikov B., Dombrovskaya G. Database Applications Tuning. St.-Petersburg, BHV-Petersburg, 2006. (In Russ.)
6. Aschenbrenner, Klaus. Pro SQL Server 2008 Service Broker. New York, Apress, 2008, 587 p.
7. Goodsun J., Steward R. A. Data Access Handbook. St.-Petersburg, BHV-Petersburg, 2013. (In Russ.)
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2016
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.