Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Web-resource for monitoring the genetic diversity of the tick-borne pathogens
Yury Ivanovich Molorodov, Svyatoslav Igorevich Rumkin, Anatoly Mikhailovich Fedotov
A study of the genetic diversity of tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) in the samples of individual ticks I. persulcatus and I. pavlovskiy, is one of the urgent problems of modern molecular biology and bioinformatics to come after 2000, “the post-genomic era.” Basically, this is due to the complete sequencing of genomes as part of large-scale international programs. This study suggests combining existing computer resources and databases on molecular biology. An important task of research in this direction was to evaluate the molecular and genetic diversity of bacteria Borrelia spp. Circulating on the territory of Siberia. For further cultivation of the full genome sequencing was carried out two types of Borrelia, selected genetic variants often detected in Western Siberia. Another of the objectives is to determine the molecular genetic diversity of potentially pathogenic microorganisms to humans (tick-borne encephalitis virus, anaplasma, ehrlichia, babesia). Empirical field research are the basis for evaluation of molecular genetic diversity of bacteria Borrelia spp., Circulating on the territory of Siberia. For subsequent whole genome sequencing was conducted cultivation of the two individual ticks I. persulcatus and I. pavlovskiy and selected genetic variants often detected in Western Siberia. On the basis of factual material for the collection of mites in field expeditions on the territory of the Altai, Kazakhstan and Siberia, and the results of whole genome sequencing, developed the architecture and created a pilot version of an interactive information system (IS), intended for the organization of the collection, storage and processing of field work, resettlement and Migration ticks and they carry pathogens. With it built an interactive map displaying locations of field gathering and habitat areas, including sections of publications show the number of ticks and mites population by sex. The possibility of watching the occurrence of infections and genes. Created block analysis of existing data.
interactivity, information systems, data integration, mites, sequencing, Lyme disease, encephalitis
How to cite:
Molorodov Y. I., Rumkin S. I., Fedotov A. M. Web-resource for monitoring the genetic diversity of the tick-borne pathogens // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2016. - Volume 14, Issue No 2. - P. 91-99. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Report on the meeting of the Presidium of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, director of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of the SB RAS Academician VV Vlasov et al., Russia, Novosibirsk. 03.06.2015 (In Russ.)
2. Ruzhnikov G. M. and others. Modern technologies of information and analytical assessment // SB RAMS Bulletin, Volume 32, number 6, 2012 57, p. 55–59. (In Russ.)
3. Livanov N., Borgoyakov V. Y., Livanov S. G., Fomenko N. V. Characteristics of natural foci of tick-borne borreliosis Novosibirsk Scientific Center and the Novosibirsk region // Siberian Journal of Medicine, 2012, vol.111, no. 4, p. 20–23. (In Russ.)
4. Molorodov Y. I., Fedotov A. M. Research of dynamics of habitats and the spread of ticks they carry bacterial pathogens in the Asian part of Russia // International Conference «Applied and geometric analysis» (Samarkand, Uzbekistan, 22–25 September 2014. Abstracts. Novosibirsk, 2014, S. 68–68. ISBN 978-5-7782-2494-0. (In Russ.)
5. Maltsev V. Y., Molorodov Y. I., Skachkov D. M. The technology of extracting information about the habitats of species of bacterial pathogens carried by ticks // XV Russian conference with international participation «The distributed information – computing resources» 2–5 December 2014, Novosibirsk. URL: http: //konf.ict.nsc.ru/dicr2014/ reportview / 249374. (In Russ.)
6. Tkachev S., Panov V., Dobler G., Tikunova N. First detection of Kemerovo virus in Ixodes pavlovskyi and Ixodes persulcatus ticks collected in Novosibirsk region, Russia // Ticks tick-borne dis. 2014, 5: p. 494–496.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2016
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.