Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Influence of information asymmetry on production strategies in competiton model of two enterprises
Eugene Vasil'evich Matyunin
The paper considers competitive interaction between two enterprises on the Cournot duopoly model under probabilistic uncertainty and information asymmetry of the participants. Author conducted research of model as Bayesian game with discrete and continuous sets of types of players according to the offered concepts of awareness. The comparative analysis of the solutions of the problem in finding the optimal strategies in the form of functional dependencies in the form of average point values. Substantiates the use of considered mechanisms of functioning in case of information asymmetry as a theoretical basis for the design of decision support systems in industrial enterprises.
information asymmetry, Bayes – Nash equilibrium, probabilistic uncertainty
How to cite:
Matyunin E. V. Influence of information asymmetry on production strategies in competiton model of two enterprises // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2016. - Volume 14, Issue No 2. - P. 80-90. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Neeman Z., Pavlov G. The value of information in a principal-agent model with moral hazard: The ex post contracting case // Games and economic behavior. 2012, vol. 74, Iss. 1, p. 352–365.
2. Burkov V. N., Korgin N. A., Novikov D. A. Vvedenie v teoriiu upravleniia organizatsionnymi sistemami [Introduction to theory of organizational system management]. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2009, 264 p. (In Russ.)
3. Schelling T. The Strategy of Conflict – IRISEN, 2007, 373 p. (in Russ.)
4. Harsanyi J. C. Games with incomplete information played by «Bayesian» players // Management Science. Part I: 1967. Vol. 14. N 3. P. 159-182; Part II: 1968. vol. 14, No. 5, p. 320–334; Part III: 1968. vol. 14, No. 7, p. 486–502.
5. Myerson R. B. Probability Models for Economic Decisions. CA.: Duxbury Press, 2005, 354 p.
6. Wu H., Parlar M. Games with incomplete information: A simplified exposition with inventory management applications // International journal of production economics. 2011, vol. 133, iss. 2, p. 562–577.
7. Aumann R. J. Correlated Equilibrium as an Extension of Bayesian Rationality // Econometrica, 1987, 55, p. 1–18.
8. Algazin G. I., Matyunin E. V. On the optimal strategies of asymmetrically informed participants of game interactions // Large-scale systems control – IPU RAN, 2015, Iss. 58, p. 6–39. (In Russ.)
9. Zharikov A. V. Nash equilibrium in two-person game for players of information options structure // Review of Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 2008, vol. 15, iss. 3, p. 470. (in Russ.)
10. Maksimov A. V., Oskorbin N. M. Mnogopolzovatelskie informacionnie sistemy: osnovy teorii i metody issltdovaniya [Multiuser information systems: bases of the theory and methods of research]. Barnaul: ASU Publ., 2005, 250 p. (In Russ.)
11. Isaeva N. A., Korobitsyna М. А. Development of the information system to support management decisions on the industrial enterprise // Vestnik NSU. Series: Information technology, 2012, vol. 10, iss. 2, p. 55–68. (In Russ.)
12. Bobov A. V. The expert system of support of acceptance of the decisions by definition of sequence of automation of stages of preparation of manufacture // Vestnik NSU. Series: Information technology, 2011, vol. 9, iss. 4, p. 39–49. (In Russ.)
13. Algazin G. I., Algazina D. G. Modelling network interactions on competitive markets // Large-scale systems control. IPU RAN. iss. 43, p. 172–216. (In Russ.)
14. Tirole J. The theory of industrial organization. MA.: MIT Press, 1988, 479 p.
15. Zamay S. S, Okhonin V. A. The plan and the market from positions of the mathematical theory of optimization // Vestnik NSU. Series: Information technology, 2010. vol. 8, iss. 2, p. 20–28. ISSN 1818-7900. (In Russ.)
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2016
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.