Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Highly-optimized realization of shadow matrix computation for cascade diffraction modeling in geological layers
Nikolay Yurevich Zyatkov, Alena Arkad'evna Ayzenberg
UDC code: 004.021, 004.04
We provide algorithms for the virtual shadow matrix highly-optimized computation and its storing. Procedure numerically implement these algorithms are part of TWSM software package (tipwave superposition method) for diffraction modeling of wavefields in layered and block media with complex-shaped boundaries. The shadow matrix is an important procedure of TWSM and allows calculating the feasible fundamental solution for the area (block or layer) of homogeneous medium considering cascade diffraction at the boundary of the complex convex-concave form. We describe algorithms for the family of virtual shadow zones construction, their optimization and adaptation for GPU and GPU-cluster. We also provide an algorithm of the shadow matrix storage in the compressed state. Finally, we give the test results of the developed approaches.
software optimization, high performance computing, GPU, diffraction modeling
How to cite:
Zyatkov N. Y., Ayzenberg A. A. Highly-optimized realization of shadow matrix computation for cascade diffraction modeling in geological layers // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2016. - Volume 14, Issue No 2. - P. 17-37. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Carcione J. M., Herman G. C., ten Kroode A. P. E. Seismic modeling. Geophysics, 2002, 67, 4, 1304–1325.
2. Chandler-Wilde S. N., Graham I. G., Langdon S., Spence E. A. Numerical-asymptotic boundary integral methods in high-frequency acoustic scattering. Acta Numerica, Cambridge University Press, 2012, 89–305.
3. Goldin S. V. Estimation of reflection coefficient under migration of converted and monotype waves. Russian Geology and Geophysics, 1992, 33, 4, 76–90.
4. Gray S. H. Seismic imaging. Geophysics, 2001, 66, 15–17.
5. Virieux J., Operto S. An overview of full-waveform inversion in exploration geophysics. Geophysics, 2009, 74, 6, WCC127-WCC152.
6. Virieux J., Calandra H., Plessix R-E. A review of the spectral, pseudo-spectral, finitedifference and finite-element modelling techniques for geophysical imaging. Geophysical Prospecting, 2011, 59, 794–813.
7. Aizenberg A. M., Ayzenberg M. A., Klem-Musatov K. D. Seismic diffraction modeling with the tip-wave superposition method. Extended Abstracts of the 73-th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Austria, Vienna, 23–26 May 2011, B018.
8. Aizenberg A. M., Klem-Musatov K. D. Progress in seismic diffraction theory – From edge and tip waves to multiple reflections-transmissions with diffractions. Extended Abstracts of the 72-th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Spain, Barcelona, 14–17 June 2010, G034.
9. Aizenberg A. M., Ayzenberg A. A. Feasible fundamental solution of the multiphysics wave equation in inhomogeneous domain of complex shape. Wave Motion, 2015, 53, 66–79.
10. Storer James A. Data Compression: methods and theory. Computer Science Press, 1988.
11. Whitted Turner. An improved illumination model for shaded display. Communications of the ACM. 1980. Vol. 23, No. 6, 343–349.
12. Möller T., Trumbore B. Fast, minimum storage ray/triangle intersection. Journal of graphics tools (jgt). 1997. 2, 1, 21–28.
13. Woop S., Benthin C., Wald I. Watertight Ray/Triangle Intersection. Journal of Computer Graphics Techniques. 2013. Vol. 2, No. 1.
14. Rogers David F. Procedural Elements for Computer Graphics. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1985. (In Russ.)
15. Fujimoto A., Tanaka Takayuki, Iwata K. Tutorial: computer graphics; image synthesis. (Eds.) I. Joy Kenneth, W. Grant Charles, L. Max Nelson, Lansing Hatfield. New York, NY, USA: Computer Science Press, Inc., 1988. P. 148–159.
16. Bentley J. L. Multidimensional binary search trees used for associative searching. Communications of the ACM. 1975. Vol. 18, No. 9, 509–517.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 14, Issue No 2 (2016).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2016
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.