Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Detection and Monitoring Bubbles for Measuring Parameters of Cavitation at Hydrofoils
Mikhail Nikolayevich Karchevsky, Igor Evgenyevich Poletayev, Grigory Sergeyevich Sukhorukov
UDC code: 004.67 + 532.57 + 533.6.08
This work is devoted to the modification of algorithms for calculating the velocity field in a volume of flow per images at example of solution of problems associated with cavitation. Cavitation generates a set of physical processes occurring in the liquid and solid body, the result of which is the cavitation erosion – formation, transferal by flow and the collapse of cavitation bubbles clouds, formation and propagation of waves of compression and tension in the liquid, the plastic deformation of solids, the accumulation of fatigue, formation of cracks, etc. In this regard, the development of an effective method for determining the hydrodynamic properties of cavitating flows is a very urgent problem from point of view of improvement and optimization of modern hydraulic equipment. Computer analysis of consecutive pairs of instant images of bubbles, registered with the small time interval between frames, makes it possible to calculate the displacement of the particles in the time between frames, the distribution of bubbles on the surface of the plate. By the data obtained is conducted statistical analysis to draw conclusions about the structure of the flow, also it's gave a comparison with the results of theoretical research. During the work, there were made the improvements existing and creating of new algorithms for detection of bubbles in the images and the calculation of the field of velocities. There's increased accuracy and spatial resolution of the measured velocity field and tested theoretical conclusions.
cavitation, tracers, recognition Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), the algorithms
How to cite:
Karchevsky M. N., Poletayev I. E., Sukhorukov G. S. Detection and Monitoring Bubbles for Measuring Parameters of Cavitation at Hydrofoils // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2016. - Volume 14, Issue No 1. - P. 23-38. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Caupin F., Herbert E. Cavitation in water. C. R. Phys, 2006, p. 1–15.
2. Laberteaux K. R. &Ceccio S. L. (2001) Partial cavity flows. Part 1. Cavities forming on models without spanwise variation // J. Fluid Mech. 2001, vol. 431, p. 1–41.
3. Promtov M. Cavitation. Tambov, 2012, p. 1–17.
4. Leroux J. B., Coutier-Delgosha O. and Astolfi J. A. (2005) A joint experimental and numerical study of mechanisms associated to instability of partial cavitation on two-dimensional hydrofoil // Phys. Fluids, Vol. 17, No. 5, p. 1–20.
5. Sun T.Y. and Faeth G.M. Structure of turbulent bubbly jets-II. Phase property profiles [Journal] // Int J Multiphase Flow. 1986. Т. 12. p. 115–126.
6. Akhmetbekov Y. Algorithms and software information processing means for measuring systems of optical diagnostics of two-phase flows. Sci. Dis. Novosibirsk, 2011, p. 4–120.
7. Gill P. E., Murray W., H. Wright M. Practical optimization. М.: World, 1985. 509 с.
8. Lindken R. and Merzkirch W. A novel PIV technique for measurements in multiphase flows and its application to two-phase bubbly flows [Journal] // ExpFluids. 2002 . Vol. 33. p. 814–825.
9. Scarano F. Overview of PIV in supersonic Flows [Part of book] // Particle Image Velocimetry. Berlin: Heidelberg: Springer, 2008.
10. Stanislas M. M ain results of the third international PIV challenge. [Journal] // Exp. Fluids. 2008 r. 1: Т. 45. p. 27–71.
11. Akhmetbekov Y., Alekseenko S., Dulin V., Markovich D. Application of a novel PLIF technique combined with PIV and PTV to bubble turbulent jets study. Proceedings of «7th International Symposium on PIV». Rome, 2007.
12. Estrada-Perez C. E. Near-wall study of turbulent channel flows with an improved PTV algorithm. 2005.
13. Takehara K. and Etoh T. A study on particle identification in PTV. Particle Mask Correlation Method. [Journal] // J Visualization. 1999. Т. 1. p. 313–323.
14. Host-Masden A. and McCluskey D. R. On the Accuracy and Reliability of PIV measurements [Conference]. 1994.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 14, Issue No 1 (2016).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 14, Issue No 1 (2016).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2016
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.