Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Using the thesaurus in the scientific and educational information system
Anatoly Mikhailovich Fedotov, Indira Adilkereyevna Idrisova, Madina Aralbayevna Sambetbayeva, Olga Anatolyevna Fedotova
UDC code: 004.912 + 811.512.122-322
The article contains a review of the standards for the presentation of thesauruses and possible applications of thesauri in the scientific and educational information systems. To compare different approaches to the description of the data schema thesauri based object model, and analysis of these approaches. Considered in detail the data schema SKOS and Zthes and make a choice for the implementation of the scheme Zthes. Particular attention is paid to work with dictionaries of key terms that are used to organize and classify information resources.
information system, electronic library, dictionary, directory, database, information retrieval thesaurus, metadata, data schema, Z39.50, SKOS, Zthes, MARC, MODS, VDEX
How to cite:
Fedotov A. M., Idrisova I. A., Sambetbayeva M. A., Fedotova O. A. Using the thesaurus in the scientific and educational information system // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2015. - Volume 13, Issue No 2. - P. 86–102. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Fedotov A. M., Fedotova O. A. A model of information system to support scientific and educational activities. Computational and Informational Technologies in Science, Engineering and Education CIT 2013: Proceedings of the International Conference. Ust’-Kamenogorsk, 2013, vol. 2: Computing technology: East Kazakhstan State Technical University, p. 249–265.
2. Fedotov A. M., Zhizhimov O. L., Fedotova O. A., Barakhnin V. B. A model of information system to support scientific and educational activities. Vestnik of Novosibirsk State University. Series: Information Technologies, 2014, vol. 12, № 1, p. 89–101.
3. Barakhnin V. B., Fedotov A. M. Studying the information needs of scientific community for constructing the information model of its activity. Vestnik of Novosibirsk State University. Series: Information Technologies, 2008, vol. 6, № 3, p. 48–59.
4. Shokin Yu. I., Fedotov A. M., Barakhnin V. B. Problems of information retrieval. Novosibirsk, Nauka, 2010.
5. Lukashevich N. V. Thesaurus in the problems of information retrieval. Moscow, Moscow State University Press, 2011, 512 p.
6. Salton G. Dynamic information and library processing. N. J.: Prentice Hall, 1975.
7. Mikhailov A. I., Chernyi A. I., Gilyarevskyi R. S. Scientific communications and informatics. Moscow, Nauka, 1976.
8. Zhizhimov O. L., Fedotov A. M., Fedotova O. A. Building a generic model of information system for working with documents on the scientific heritage. Vestnik of Novosibirsk State University. Series: Information Technologies, 2012, vol. 10, № 2, p. 5–14.
9. ISO 5964:1985. Guidelines for the establishment and development of multilingual thesauri. Geneva: International Organization for Standardization, 1985.
10. ISO 2788:1986. Guidelines for the establishment and development of monolingual thesauri. 2nd ed. Geneva: International Organization for Standardization, 1986.
11. Masterman M. Semantic message detection for machine translation, using an interlingua. Proc. International Conf. on Machine Translation, 1961, p. 438–475.
12. Schrader Yu. A. On the quantitative characteristics of semantic information. NTI. Ser. 2, 1963, no. 10, p. 35–39.
13. ISO 25964-1:2011 Information and documentation – Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies – Part 1: Thesauri for information retrieval, 2011.
14. ISO 25964-2:2013 Information and documentation – Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies – Part 2: Interoperability with other vocabularies, 2013.
15. GOST 7.25-2001. Thesaurus monolingual information retrieval. Rules for the development, structure, composition and form of presentation (System of standards on information, librarianship and publishing) / Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification. Moscow, Standartinform, 2002.
16. GOST 7.24-2007. Thesaurus multilingual information retrieval. Composition, structure and basic requirements for construction: an interstate standard (System of standards on information, librarianship and publishing) / Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification. Moscow, Standartinform, 2007.
17. Solovyev V. D., Dobrov B. V., Ivanov V. V., Lukashevich N. V. Ontologies and thesauri: Textbook. Kazan, Moscow, 2006.
18. ANSI/NISO. Z39.19: 2005 Guidelines for the construction, format and management of monolingual controlled vocabularies. NISO Press: Bethesda, MD, 2005.
19. ANSI/NISO Z39.50-2003. Information Retrieval (Z39.50): Application Service Definition and Protocol Specification. NISO Press, Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A. November 2002.
20. IFLA. Guidelines for multilingual thesauri. (IFLA professional (IFLA professional reports: 115). IFLA, 2009. URL: http://www.ifap.ru/library/book411.pdf
21. Shokin Yu. I., Fedotov A. M., Zhizhimov O. L., Fedotova O. A. The control system of electronic libraries. XV Russian conference with international participation «Distributed information and computational resources» DICR-2014: Novosibirsk, December 2–5, 2014: program. Abstracts. Authors participants, Novosibirsk, 2014.
22. Shokin Yu. I., Fedotov A. M., Zhizhimov O. L., Fedotova O. A. The control system of digital libraries in IRIS SB RAS. Infrastructure scientific information resources and systems: Collection of scientific articles of the Fourth All-Russian Symposium. E. B. Kudasheva, V. A. Serebrya- kov (eds.). Moscow, 2014, vol. 1, p. 11–39.
23. Zhizhimov O. L., Fedotov A. M., Shokin Yu. I. Technology platform for the mass integration of heterogeneous data. Vestnik of Novosibirsk State University. Series: Information Technologies, 2013, vol. 11, № 1, p. 24–41.
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 13, Issue No 2 (2015).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 13, Issue No 2 (2015).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2015
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2017, Novosibirsk State University.