Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies|
ISSN 2410-0420 (Online), ISSN 1818-7900 (Print)
Models of growth and interaction of trees
Sergei Borisovich Medvedev, Aleksandr Igorevich Pestunov, Igor Alekseyevich Pestunov, Anatoly Mikhailovich Fedotov
The paper deals with mathematical models of tree growth based on balance rations with limitations of soil nutrients and light energy. The fractal structures of tree crown and roots is shown to be a qualitative characteristic of the tree growth process. The model of growth and root systems interacting for two trees is built. Depending on the initial conditions, the trees could reach the same or different sizes.
model of tree growth, fractal structure of tree, interaction of root systems of trees
How to cite:
Medvedev S. B., Pestunov A. I., Pestunov I. A., Fedotov A. M. Models of growth and interaction of trees // Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies. - 2015. - Volume 13, Issue No 2. - P. 42-54. - ISSN 1818-7900. (in Russian).
Full Text in Russian
Available in PDF
1. Federal Agency of Forest Management. International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.Tables and models of growth and productivity of forests of major forest forming species of Northern Eurasia (standard and reference materials). Moscow, 2008, 886 p. (In Russ.)
2. Kolobov A. N., Frisman E. Ya. Modeling of processes of dynamic self-organization in spatially distributed vegetation communities. Journal of Mathematical Biology and Bioinformatics, 2008, vol. 3, no. 2, p. 85–102. (In Russ.)
3. Shaw C., Bhatti J., Chertov O., Nadporozhskaya M., Komarov A., Bykhovets S., Mikhailov A., Apps M. Application of the forest ecosystem model EFIMOD 2 to jack pine along the boreal forest transect case study. Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 2006, vol. 86, no. 2, p. 171–185.
4. Karev G. P., Skomorovsky Yu. I. Simulation of the time course of the state of one-species tree stands. Sibirskiy ekologicheskiy zhurnal, 1999, no. 4, p. 403–417. (In Russ.).
5. Kolobov A. N., Frisman E. Y. Simulation of the competition for light in forest stands of the same age. Biology Bulletin, 2013, vol. 40, no. 4, p. 394–403.
6. Zavarzin G. A. Formation of the biosphere. Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2001, vol. 71, no. 11, p. 988–1001. (In Russ.)
7. Gurtsev A. I., Tselniker Ju. L. The fractal structure of a tree branch. Sibirskiy ekologicheskiy zhurnal, 1999, no. 4, p. 431–441. (In Russ.)
8. Bolshakova N. V. The influence of thickness and placement of seats on the growth of spruce in growing crops for intensive technologies. Abstract of dissertation. St. Petersburg, 2007, 20 р. URL: http://earthpapers.net/preview/53938/a?#?page=1 (In Russ.)
Main title Vestnik NSU Series: Information Technologies, Volume 13, Issue No 2 (2015).
Parallel title: Novosibirsk State University Journal of Information Technologies Volume 13, Issue No 2 (2015).
Key title: Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Abbreviated key title: Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Inf. Tehnol.
Variant title: Vestnik NGU. Seriâ: Informacionnye tehnologii
Year of Publication: 2015
ISSN: 1818-7900 (Print), ISSN 2410-0420 (Online)
Publisher: Novosibirsk State University Press
© 2006-2018, Novosibirsk State University.